14 December 2018: This short video illustrates how Trans4m’s transformative processes contribute to restoring and re-story-ing societies in conflict and post conflict.
The talk took place as part of the Geneva Peace Week, and was embedded in a panel on Re-story-ing Peace hosted by the Conflict and Human Rights Initiative, Geneva and the Enacting Global Transformation Initiative, Centre for International Studies, University of Oxford.
While a detailed reflection of the workshop during which this talk has been given has already been shared in November, the recorded talk (including the subsequent interaction with the audience) demonstrates more fully the impact of the transformative potential of some of the PhD journeys within the Trans4m Da Vinci PhD Program. Particular focus is given to the contribution of these cases to collective healing and to building more peaceful and healthy societies. In each case a cultural symbol that epitomizes the restorative spirit and impact is shared.
In his talk, Trans4m’s co-founder Alexander Schieffer highlights the journeys of:
- MedLabs as an Integral Enterprise committed to building Healthy Societies in Jordan, Palestine and the Middle East
- Integral Green Zimbabwe as a collective effort – combining many PhD journey – to craft a new story for Zimbabwe, while still under dictatorship
- PaxHerbals as an Integral Enterprise-in-Community focussing on Integral Healing for Nigeria and Africa
- Sansara in South Africa working for the integral empowerment and liberation of “battered women”, that were subjected to gender based violence, as a contribution to an African continent free of gender oppression
- Sarvodaya in Sri Lanka working since 60 years through a unique Integrated Development process for a peaceful and reconciled society – a society that is currently endangered to fall back into conflict.
Click here to WATCH THE VIDEO