‘Pundutso’ which means Transformation or Advancement was formed in the first instance by three then doctoral candidates, Elizabeth Mamukwa , Joshua Chinyuku and Passmore Matupire as a co-operative inquiry group and think tank for their research to innovation processes. It has since evolved into a doctoral and post-doctoral Center for Integral Development bringing in two other members as additional trustees, Andrew Nyambayo and Wellington Mutyanda, both doctoral candidates.
To achieve community, enterprise, societal renewal and sustainable development in Zimbabwe
Through inclusive, innovative and collaborative efforts from various sectors of the economy, the Centre will engage in Community activation, Awakening consciousness, Research-to-Innovation and transformative Education (CARE). This is intended to build up towards an Integral Economy in Zimbabwe, working in conjunction with the public and private, civic and environmental sectors and thereby CARE-ing for Zimbabwe’s overall societal development. To that end Pundutso will partner closely with Trans4m and with local, regional and global integral developers to achieve unique individual, societal and community transformation.
The core values and beliefs that animate members in all the day today activities are:
- Personal integrity
- Open communication
- Respect for others
- Authentic collaboration
- Ubuntu caring
- Simplicity in our dealings
- Promoting the resolution of societal, community, industry and work based challenges
- Leveraging on local, regional and global partners for social and technological innovation driven research
- Nurturing, emancipating, capacitating and growing intellectual capital through structured programmes, consciousness raising workshops, Ubuntu circles among others
- Addressing Knowledge imbalances through propagating the Calabash of Knowledge Creation model at the workplace-the contribution made by Elizabeth Mamukwa
- Addressing Industry imbalances by collaborating with Industrial Associations – Integral Industrial Ecology model by Joshua Chinyuku
- Addressing Leadership imbalances through the Integral Ubuntu Leadership model, the contribution from Passmore Matupire
- Articulation and application of unique concepts such as the GENE (Grounding, Emergence, Navigation, Effecting); 4Cs (Call, Context, Co-creation, Contribution); CARE
- Pundutso facilitated in the Global launch of the book “Integral Green Zimbabwe – An African Phoenix Rising” in February 2015. The book edited by Mamukwa, Lessem and Schieffer provides a holistic view on research by Zimbabweans that provides alternative pathways to development.